Thursday, March 4, 2010

Nonsense

I woke up in Australia and went to the supermarket.
There were so many things to see but the people were messy with their dressing, the medieval rags they were wearing didn’t match the baseball caps, at all… I stopped at one of the stands, the biggest among the about 200 in the market, and looked at some bags. The lady said they’re hand-made. Their prices were ridiculous!! 1 euro, 2 euros… couldn’t believe my luck! I bought about three, and 2 pretty scarves along with them. I went along looking for more deals and I hit a mirror. The scarves looked funny on me. Someone from the other stands took a long look and said I wasn’t a woman. I looked in the mirror and saw that I wasn’t. I looked like the handsome vampire from a movie I saw last week. But I kept the bags, I liked them.

After I paid at the cash desk I left.
I found myself in a large square and felt lost, so I asked a tall man, who was talking to his wife, where I should go. He started babbling half English half German and his left eye popped a bit when he mentioned directions. Sure enough he started pointing fingers towards a place I eyed out myself the moment I left the supermarket. The lady was smiling and blinking often. She seemed nice, even though she never said a word. After he fixed his funny, tall hat, he waved and floated off on a rug along with the woman.

The square was full of people.
They were all going in the same direction. It felt like we were all crossing a very large and populated street. I went with the flow. I dropped one of the bags, but couldn’t get it back since we were all in such a hurry. It doesn’t matter, I still have two and I like both better than the one I lost. The crowd started moving in another direction than the man told me to go. So I swam through like at the Olympics and ended up at the other side all wet. One more bag was lost, actually damaged by the water; it was now the size of my pocket, so I hid it there. I went down the street and the sky turned from an orange warm and sunny to dark. It was raining in an instant. I got to the house where the man told me to go.

It looked like an Austrian mansion.
The rain was falling harder and harder and the drops were making fun of me because I was already wet. The trees in front of the mansion were beautiful and blooming, the rain didn’t touch them and the sun let its rays shine on each of them. I decided to go get a room for the night since the sun was yawning behind the clouds.
The mansion was very elegant, with beautiful paintings on the wall and old furniture decorating the large din. I went to the desk and rang a little bell. The tall man I asked earlier showed up, his wife right next to him. He gave me a set of keys and pointed to the room.

I went and opened the door.
The one bag, my favorite of the three, was still intact. As I flipped the switch, a small yellowish light went on and revealed the room. There was hardly anything in it. The bed was on the floor and even the walls were seemingly made of some thick paper and thin wooden decorations holding it together. It looked like I landed in a Japanese person’s bedroom. I put the scarves in the bag I had left and then went to bed. I lied there a while thinking…

Why?
Did the man babble? He didn’t have that bad an accent. Why did the lady smile while blinking? It couldn’t have been that pleasant. Why did the man who picked up my lost bag wave and smile? Why did strawberries grow on the trees in front of the mansion? Why did the rain drops make fun of me? Were they jealous? And why don’t Japanese people have more furniture in their rooms?
I couldn’t fall asleep anymore, so I wandered around and ended up in front of a mirror again… I was a woman.

1 comments:

Beatrix said...

I found a sense in this nonsense ! is it good or bad?

Imi place foarte mult cum descrii (as you know) :) si perspectiva

continua asa ca o faci foarte bine!

:*